Apply for Leadership South Carolina!
Through your participation in Leadership South Carolina, you will understand how the challenges facing our state affect your organization and your community.
We are a launching pad for tomorrow's leaders. By educating community influencers, South Carolina will have the tools needed for smart growth and enlightened development. Through Leadership SC, you will leave "armed and ready" to affect positive change through collaborative public service. Whether you serve on a non-profit board, hold a position on a commission, or statewide initiative, you will be joining South Carolina's influential network. The bonds you make in our program will last a lifetime - that will benefit you on a personal and professional level.
THE BENEFITS OF LEADERSHIP SC:
- Raises level of understanding opportunities within the state and among regions
- Creates exposure to South Carolina's industry leaders to form Business Networks
- Provides a forum for non-profit leaders and elected officials to broaden perspectives, creating visionary solutions, and momentum for positive change
- Strengthens capacity of leaders to build trust and relationships
- Prepares leaders to lend their unified voice to a Deeper Understanding of State Challenges/Opportunities
- Focus on Positive Civic Engagement
- Launching Pad for State Service
- Membership in diverse Group motivated for collaborative service
How it works
Our core program is comprised of six regularly scheduled sessions from September to April. Most sessions run Wednesday to midday Friday. One session, other than the mandatory Orientation Session, during the class year may be missed without penalty.
Each class participates in a class project to demonstrate leadership skills. Past classes have taken on projects to fight hunger by raising funds for the state Food Banks, supporting the SC Special Olympics, adopting a Palmetto Priority School, assisting the SC School for the Deaf and Blind by renovating dorm rooms and installing 13 touch and standard Promethean "Smart" boards, and creating a hunger awareness campaign for senior citizens that included donating two Honda Odyssey minivans for Meals-On-Wheels.
Each session is focused on challenges that face South Carolina and the region. Topics include education, economic development, environment, energy usage, historical perspective, social issues, health, workforce development, and natural resources. Upon completion, each participant has a deeper understanding of South Carolina's issues and the decision-makers who are leading the way.
Tuition includes all conference materials, scheduled group meals, and double-occupancy lodging. Single rooms can be arranged on a space-available basis for an additional cost. Limited financial assistance is available.
The application for our next class is available now.
Or, do you know somebody who you think would be a good fit? Please fill out our nomination form.